4 Sept 2014



CREEP
Day #4 of compact photography and editing by numbers. Mijn hovercraft zit vol palingen.

While I was shooting this little guy by the puddle, a lady in her thirties started to poke it with the tip of her umbrella. Had to politely ask her to stop. Some ten minutes later, a group of about twenty people gathered behind my back, staring at my little friend. Slightly annoyed, I took it up and showed to the crowd, trying to explain it's only a rubber toy. Two women started screaming.

So f****** obvious: Radiohead - Creep (Live, Astoria, London).

9 comments:

  1. "It's Alive!" (ha)! Cool shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture!! Neat toy! Very surreal looking actually, especially if you cover up the bottom gravel/rock, since the rest of the water sort of looks like sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is such a brilliant idea! The fact that bystanders were fooled adds to the beauty of the setup. Great shadow, perfect gradation of sand to water, realistic position. Loved the live version of Creep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, the dreaded butt squid! :) It can be fun taking pictures. It would have been fun to pretend it bit you and then toss it at the crowd. (but then I am sicker than most)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I so wish I was there. You must have had so much fun fooling people.
    I think I would have cropped out the stones as well to make it even more surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - almost looks like an alien creature. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that when I first saw it I thought it was a rubber thing, but as I was reading, I became convinced it was a creature, and then was wonderfully surprised to continue reading and find I was write! Cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so at home in the water :)

    Did you get a photo of the woman poking it with her umbrella? Did you throw it at the screaming women then took a shot of it flying towards them? If not, why not??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! This so reminds me of that scene in Lord of the Rings, outside of the Moria gate :) great photo

    ReplyDelete